Friday, 7 August 2026

THEY ROBBED ME OF SILENCE LORD

 

They took away my slence Lord

they robbed me of Your peace

they hammered with their drills Lord

the noise it never ceased.


the laundrymat's dryers blew Lord

they blew away my peace

now I play White Noise Lord

the humming never ceased.


they took away my light Lord

they beat me with their lies

but You gave me back my peace Lord

a peace no money buys.


You showed me Lord my sin Lord

You said it loud and clear

You do not like the light my child

although I am very near.


I didn't love the light Lord

I didn't love your love


and so in darkness I lived Lord

it fitted  like a glove


until one day you tore it off

amidst my heavy sighs

and then I saw the light Lord

a Light that never dies.


L. Ivison copyright 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment