Monday, 31 August 2026

OH I DON'T LIKE TO BE BY THE SEASIDE

 I don't like to be by the seaside

I don't like to walk on the quay

brilliant blue skies and distant calls

of seagulls, rhythmic lap of

a million years wash the pebbles


I should be joyful Lord


but only 80 years ago the salt

mixed with  blood

young men littered the pebbles

 rag dolls in a nightmare

and now 

you  play rap music ?

 eat ice cream, fly kites

eat chips

is that why they lost their lives.

Is this your freedom?


they were not sunbathing


Turning, I look upon the horizon

Grey windmills, distant turn

 a billion years of heavenly views

owned now, 

and they are killing the birds Lord.

My only happiness is that You will 

take Your vengence.

You will take Your vengence.

Be quick Lord, be quick,


Amen


L. Ivison copyright @ 2026






No comments:

Post a Comment